As our Technical Support Specialist you would be responsible for resolving systematic and/or operational issues for large enterprise clients in a timely and professional manner. You would manage client accounts by analyzing, reproducing and resolving complex situations which may be related to software, hardware, or network related issues. You would be expected to prioritize and manage multiple issues while maintaining the high level of service our clients have come to expect.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze, diagnose, reproduce and resolve systematic or operational issues encountered by clients, partners and field personnel over the phone, email, or remote support sessions.
- Resolve issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Educate users on software use and its best practices.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of software solutions for clients.
- Create, track and manage client issues utilizing a ticketing system.
- Create and edit Knowledge Base solutions as deemed necessary.
- Work closely with the Software Development and Quality Assurance team to investigate and resolve issues.
- Ensure complete understanding of all trouble tickets and online support tools needed to effectively serve clients.
- Prepare documentation regarding software and industry best practices, issue awareness, and solution implementation.
- Simulate client environments in order to effectively reproduce client issues.
- Perform UAT testing for fixes and/or updates prior to being deployed to clients.
- Rotate On-Call and emergency response tasks as required.
- 3+ years of Client Support experience.
- 3+ years of experience as a Microsoft-focused System Engineer in a Help Desk or Technical Support role.
- 1+ years experience supporting enterprise level database and/or web applications.
- Bachelors degree is required, Focus on Information Technology preferred.
- Experience implementing or working under ITIL processes is required, ITIL certification preferred.
- Microsoft certifications preferred but not required (MCP/MCSE/MCITP/MCTS).
- Exceptional Organization, Time Management and Technical Writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills (verbal and written), mature judgment and diplomacy required to interact effectively and manage situations with a broad spectrum of people, both individually and in groups.
- Exposure to Microsoft SQL Server, Internet Information Services (IIS), and Active Directory.
- Strong background in Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems (2008/2012) and Desktop Operating Systems (Windows 7/Windows 8.1).
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP and networking concepts.