Role & Duties
Overview of the responsibilities, activities, and authorities for this position.
- Develop code for interactive HTML5 applications.
- Take direction from the lead application developer to build software to meet requirements and deliver timely, high quality output.
- Bring innovation and creative skills to the team to produce state of the art applications
- Work with software test to ensure that released products have open issues identified and corrected prior to release.
- Work with design team and customers as necessary to refine product designs
Preferred skillsets needed to perform the duties position.
- Experience building interactive applications - desired
- API Development: Linux, Node.js, SQL or NoSQL, REST, JSON, XML, SOAP. - desired
- Experience with Single Page HTML5 Applications - required
- Experience with template libraries – desired
- Structured Programming skills – understanding of and experience with object oriented design concepts and good software development practices - required
- Proven ability to design and build novel projects
- Good communication skills – required
- Good project and time management skills - required
Education & Experience
- BS Degree in engineering / computer science / math. Degree required, advanced degree desirable.
- 2-6 years of development experience.
Key Performance Indicators
Three to five key measures used to evaluate performance and effectiveness in this position.
- Deliverables meet technical specifications.
- Accurately estimates effort and delivers products on time.
- Designs code with minimal bugs, and that is supportable and maintainable for themselves and others.
- Communicates well with other developers, QA, and support teams.
- Maintains good coding practices and properly uses repository tools.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Manual dexterity needed for using a computer keyboard. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.